Coronavirus crisis: SMEs can temporarily have their consignments collected free of charge
Swiss Post is conscious of the effects the coronavirus crisis is having on SMEs. It is therefore temporarily – during the extraordinary situation, until revoked – providing free collection of parcels and letter mail (if needed), in order to stand by SMEs during this difficult period.
Collection on the delivery round (on request)
With this service, mail carriers collect the consignments at the company premises during the course of the day on their normal delivery rounds from Monday to Friday.
A Swiss Post Customer Login is required, as well as a franking licence number for parcel post.
Here’s how easy it is to order a collection:
- Log in with your Customer Login
- Start the “Order collection upon request” online service
- Select the offer “Budget – up to 5 letter crates or 5 parcels”
- The collection date is always the next working day
- Code: enter the code ABHBAL in the “Promotional code” field (entitles you to free collection by a mail carrier)
- Complete order – and you’re done
The collection can be ordered up until shortly before midnight on the day before the required collection date (Mon – Fri).
- Swiss Post consignments are collected over the course of the day
- Items ready for collection: letters, parcels, express and international consignments ready to send containing the required barcodes or postage paid impressions
- Handover location: front door / ramp
- Volume: 3 parcels and 3 letter crates (or max. 5 parcels)
- Exchange of containers: empty post containers (BB) are provided if necessary
- Scanning on handover: yes, the mail carrier scans the parcels with a consignment barcode
- Price: free of charge (valid during the extraordinary situation, until revoked)
- Unexpected circumstances and constraints relating to the universal service mandate may have an impact on the provision of services and the range of services available
Business customers without franking licence number
All shipments must be franked. Customers who currently pay for their shipments in cash at the counter have the following options:
- WebStamp (Swiss Post Customer Login)
- Stamps (available in every Swiss Post branch or at www.postshop.ch)
Afterwards start the online service “Order collection upon request” and create the collection order as described above (promotional code ABHBAL)